Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Meaningful Poem We Should Consider

Ok lemme explain the situation now.

I was packing for my class chalet tmr when I started to feel lazy and the need for music caught me. So I went to my *ahem* not-really-that-trusty-but-still-trustable-enough desktop and got it out of its screen saver. Bored, I proceeded to look through someones blog and saw an interesting link. It said "Making Time for God". Curious, I clicked on it USING THE MOUSE AND NOT MY HAND and it was redirected to an article on the TJC website. It well talked about making time for God (duh) and I was well looking at it. Then when I scrolled down, I came across a very meaningful poem that I feel I should learn from and share with all of you.

Here it is:

I got up early one morning,
And rushed through the day;
I had so much to accomplish,
That I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me,
And heavier came each task;
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered,
He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty,
But the day toiled on gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me,
He said, "But you didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence,
I tried every key in the lock;
God gently and lovingly chided,
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning,
And paused before starting the day;
I had so much to accomplish,
That I had to take time to pray.

I feel that this poem reflects very well what happens to us every day be it school, work, toilet cleaning, laundry washing, banana peeling etc. And that it also shows us that all the time, try as we might, we just can't seem to make the day better and everything just keeps messing up. Why? Because we did not pick out time to pray. Yes throughout the whole 16 hours we spend awake we always can't seem to be able to just reserve a few minutes for prayer or Bible reading. Yet when we do pray, we expect that everything must go our way since we prayed to God. Thus this is one thing we all should keep in mind: Prayer is the most important aspect of our life and doing God's will is a task we must undertake and understand.

Ok I know I may sound like I'm suan-ing people and I'm sorry if my tone offends anyone but I really feel that this should be shared. Btw theolos coming! XD
The link for the article is this: http://ia.tjc.org/elibrary/ContentDetail.aspx?ItemID=513

1 comment:

bino.alto said...

this is nice. it made me pause.